(Delayed to August 14, 2011 due to Blog Boycott Day)
Five Things I Have Learned So Far With Mayor Bee
1. He is smart. I mean, regardless of his PDD-NOS and whatnot, he can work this to his advantage. You think I’m kidding you? Ask any of his teachers when someone “new” comes into a classroom. He totally gets a look in his eye that goes, “ah ha…I will get them to do what I want.” Either that means he goes into meltdown mode to get extra attention or becomes a suction cup to the
victim person for extra love.
2. Boy loves to read. Or be read to. Whatever. He will sit in your lap and would be content for you to read to him. In fact, he uses this trick to think he doesn’t want to take a nap – see point 1.
3. He has an amazing memory. He can recall the most minutiae things. Recently, that entailed him seeing the Subway commercial (the firefighters playing rock, paper, scissors) – then while in a grocery store politely pointing out some rescue guys (who just happened to be wearing blue) that they should be saying, “One Two Three Shoot”.
4. The Energizer Bunny has nothing on him. And don’t give the “well, boys are like that” and “he’s young”…no, the kid runs on some untapped source. He can be up as early as 5:30 AM and yet fight you at bedtime because, “I’m not tired”. You may not be, but Momma certainly is…GO TO BED!
5. He absolutely adores his baby sister. The whole thing about sibling rivalry and jealousy is absent from this picture. He wants to care for her like we do, right down to imitating our baby talk and telling his parenting tips, like when she needs a bottle, when she spits up, and when “she’s made a poo poo”. This may work to my advantage a few years down the road….muah ha ha…