1. I went back to work this week after my procedure. Well, if you count taking Mayita to the doctor once again on Tuesday, and now being sick today from whatever she has, then yes, I went back to the office this week. It was exhausting. I worked from home last week but it didn’t prepare me for the physical aspects of being back in the office. I was so tempted to pull a Costanza in my office once or twice.
2. Speaking of Mayita, I cannot wait until we get over this hump of illnesses. I know our doc said between 6-12 months babies can get a lot of bugs. I know she is in daycare. I know she has a big brother who gets into everything. But seriously, 2 ear infections, 1 RSV, 1 sinus infection and whatever snotty crap that has infiltrated her body can now go away. For the love of God.
3. My mother is still here. I did not expect her to be here this long. I don’t think SHE expected to be here this long. I’m working on trying to do more stuff day by day but lifting things has been a challenge. But she’s hanging in there like a trooper. Even if she still can’t get over how busy traffic is down here.
4. B apparently still won’t nap at his aftercare. However, the past few days they have been putting him with the pre-K class during nap time. Apparently I was incorrect in an earlier post about the kids napping – this class does not. They said he had fun – he colored, and helped the teacher. The only thing that I thought of was, “they JUST thought about this NOW?” Argh. One week down and one more to go.
5. I just downloaded a bunch of Barry Manilow songs onto my iTouch. I had to – because I couldn’t find the CD I lovingly used for years. All because I heard “Copacabana” on the radio the other day. I’m sure Husband will be rolling his eyes reading that one. I don’t care – Barry is awesome. I should have convinced you to see him when we were in Vegas. Hmph.