1. Mayor Bee’s last day at his aftercare is today. He starts his new aftercare Tuesday. We chose to keep him out on Monday. It’s a school holiday and that would mean risking him being at the aftercare for a full day. So Husband has graciously agreed to stay home for a boy’s day.
2. In a twist, I found out that the person that is with his new pre-K…used to work at his current/soon-to-be-former aftercare. How freaky is that? But yes, she left to form this school back in 2010. If this isn’t more of a good sign that he is in a better situation, I sure don’t know what is.
3. I am working on our taxes. I just realized that my STD payment (for maternity leave) was NOT TAXED. And, may I say, OUCH. I assumed taxes were taken out. I didn’t have STD for Mayor Bee so I had no idea. But, yeah, that hurts like a sonofabitch.
4. I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor today. Looks good overall. However, still not ready to Zumba or run a 5K yet. I know, it’s been almost a month and I should be more patient. Patience, however, is not necessarily my forte’.
5. Tonight is the start of the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. It’s the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon! Since inception in 1973, millions of dollars have been raised for kids fighting cancer. Proceeds benefit the Four Diamonds Fund through Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital. I am honored to have “made the sacrifice” and stood on my feet for 48 hours (though now it’s 46). Seventeen years ago, I celebrated my 20th birthday on the floor of the White Building. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.