This past weekend, heavy storms rolled into the DC area. While not as severe as our derecho, they were definitely wicked.
What those storms also did were cool our temps considerably. This morning it felt like fall, not summer. I know, meterologically speaking, Autumn began September 1st. Realistically speaking, in our area it can be well into October before we call it “fall”.
Anyway, it’s finally time to show some snazzy memories of vacation! The highlights:
1. B learns to surf. Well kinda. For an almost 5 year old, it’s still pretty impressive.
2. B wins from one of those stuffed toys from the “Claw Crane”. You know, the game where you position the robotic arm, thinking you are going to win that awesome teddy bear and it slips out of the robotic clutches?
Well, B won a stuffed star while on vacation.
We were at a Wal-Mart and he begged to play. We decided it would be his reward if he behaved…and on our way out we gave it a try.
Believe me, we told him that it was all in fun anyway. Husband only helped him a smidgen – B actually pressed the button for the arm to lower. We held our breath, knowing it could fall out. It didn’t. We were dumbfounded. Even the lady watching us screamed in delight.
3. We ALWAYS go for ice cream while on vacation. It’s one of our family traditions. Didn’t even matter that the two days we went it was cloudy or raining. 🙂 This year, even M got into the act when I fed her some of my hot fudge sundae. Needless to say, I think she has a sweet tooth.
4. Lots of brother/sister bonding. Well, for the most part. M is now at that tender age where curiousity will get the best of her…much to B’s chagrin. He’s become possessive of his toys as she toddles towards him. Then again, there are times that he calls out to her wanting her to play. Siblings, sheesh.
5. Beach fun = tired kids. Which means Mommy and Daddy had about an hour or two in the afternoon to do…nothing. Sometimes I watched TV, sometimes I played on the computer, or I sat outside. If only I had a large enough yard to put a huge sandbox and wavepool – I would be set.
And with that, farewell to the muggy summer days and sweltering summer nights. Bring on fall!